Shabby Blog Template

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Ohhh, Say Can You Seeeeeee!

I always get a little "homesick" during this weekend. 
I'm a granddaughter of Veterans who grew up to be a Marine Corps wife and July 4th has always been one of my favorite holiday weekends to celebrate with family & friends. 


Don't get me wrong...I don't wear flag earrings and the Old Navy shirts but I'd consider myself pretty patriotic. I am not always proud of things that happen in America but I am very proud to BE an American. I love our country and I am thankful to my family members and friends that have served in our military. Being in the military isn't a job, it is a way of life and there are many that would not sacrifice and be a part of this. I am honored to know these people and be of them. With that being said...


Enjoy your freedoms & Happy Independence Day!



Go have a watermelon eating contest, run barefoot with your children, have a cold beverage in the sunshine & light some sparklers at nightfall! 


                 One of my favorite quotes...


"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. " ~Ronald Reagan


                      Oh, and my sweet girl.
                   (Boogabee, June 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment