Shabby Blog Template

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Saying Goodbye...

I give you this one thought to keep - 
I am with you still - I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the sweet uplifting rush,
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not think of me as gone - 
I am with you still in each new dawn.


One of my grandmothers passed away unexpectedly this morning. 
In November, with the encouragement of my mother, I sucked up my "poor me, I don't wanna drive 6 hrs with a one year old today" attitude and made a visit to see my grandparents so that they could meet Avery before she got much older.
At the end of a great 2 day visit, I was so so very glad that I made the trip and now I am even more sure that I was supposed to do it....Funny how life is....


This poem was read at another one of my grandparent's funerals in 2002.
I saved it because I think it is perfect. 


Rest in Peace Gram...
Much Love, 
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment