Shabby Blog Template

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Twenty-Ten

Tried this a week ago..and I can't see it on my blog...soooo round 2 of this entry!


A snippet of what I taking away from 2010...

Expect the unexpected. This lesson began in 2009 and carried thru..I think it is now one of my life mottos.

I have a love/hate relationship with technology. It amazes and intrigues me yet annoys and angers me all in the same sentence. I love my LG Envy. Smartphones are gangster and I'd rock one...but this little one here isn't gonna raise herself and I'd rather have QT with her than my phone. 

Life is truly about the little things. Spending time with my one year old reminds me of this on a daily basis.

I am a chronic daydreamer.

Interpretation is key. You can stick two people in the same experience and those two people will not hear, see, or feel the the exact same. Recognizing this is even more important. A great example....My best friend of 25 years, Laura, came to visit me this March and we had an craft nite. We grabbed our sketchbooks, old magazines, scissors, some glue and turned on the music just like we would have 10 or 15 years ago. We threw subjects/words in a hat, shook it up, pulled one out and then our idea was that we would take the topic and each create something out of it using pieces from the magazines. The first one that we chose was "Tree of Life". My tree ended up being a combination of reds and pinks and had a "love" look about it. Laura's tree was made up of all blues and greens. They looked completely different and it was interesting to see what they were reflecting...

I have faaaaaar more patience with humans than dogs. With that being said, I very much so love my dogs but boy-oh-boy, sometimes the insanity that they bring upon me gives me a stellar excuse to leave the house & take Avery on a little adventure.. (then again, who needs an excuse for a little adventure?)

I was born to be a mommy. I didn't know that I could love another living creature so much. I want to live forever...

Chucks came back! Fashion totally repeats itself. Now if only I had saved the cool plaid pair I had when I was 12...Gonna roll into 2011 in these grey ones of twenty-ten. Happiness!

I spend too much time trying to make things work with people who don't matter. Instead, I need to throw my cares & efforts double-fold into the people that do. 

And finally, 

I still hate almonds...sorry guys, maybe in 2011, my love for you will come back. Pregnancy sure does some weird things to your body...

Now....Go out and enjoy the sunshine or the rain or the snow...no ipods, no cells, no tv, no video games and no internet....take pictures...write about it....enjoy it. 


Best Wishes of health & happiness with huge amounts of silliness for 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment