Shabby Blog Template

Friday, February 18, 2011

The Case of the Vanishing Monster Dust Bunnies

First let me point out that I am not a girl who is afraid to get dirty. I'm not a germa-phobia. I like animals...well many animals....

As mentioned before, I have two dogs.
Dogs do some gross things. Plain and simple. G-R-O-S-S.
Two dogs = double the gross-ness.

Over the last couple weeks, these two dogs combined have managed to make me cringe or gag more times than I can count. Kilo (6 yr.old beagle/black lab mix) is a garbage gut. He will eat anything that isn't shiny and might smell a little tasty. This leads to random "pukings"....

I'll leave that one alone. But let's say it happened the other day, ohhh no less than 5 times. Hork.

Porter (3 yr. old black lab) is part human, part labrador and part horse. Everything he does is loud and messy. He is the notorious toilet water drinker, turd eater and random bum rubber on the carpet.

Ugh. I bring you to this morning.

As I was drinking my coffee this morning, little clumps of dust began raining on my head. Ahhh. That's Nice. Not Really. I decided it was finally time to take on the task of cleaning off our fan in our cathedral ceiling-ed living room. I am severely allergic to dust. I hate this job. I never fail to finish in a sneezing attack and it kind of knocks me outta whack for the rest of the day. So, I put Avery down for a nap, started some laundry and let the dogs outside for a little bit. I proceed to tackle the dust colony overtaking my fan, letting it fall to the floor so that I can grab the vacuum to clean it up when I'm done.

I am astonished and feel slightly horrible at the amount of dust that has fallen onto my living room floor. I mean, the thing is always moving, so how does that colonization actually happen?!

Boogabee is asleep and the dogs are going nuts outside. (Ten minutes outside in the sun, in February is apparently wayyy too long.) So rather than let them wake a sleepy baby, I let them in. I run and get the vaccum and make a pitstop in the bathroom to grab tissues and wash my hands.

I come back outta of the bathroom to find that the huge dust colony has vanished.
Like, I can still tell where it was, but everything is gone. Completely.
In a matter of two minutes.

I don't know who did it. All I know is one of them has huge dust bunnies in their belly and I'm not looking forward to possibly cleaning those up later.
My vote goes to Kilo. But, you just never know...
You'd think they never eat.
G-R-O-S-S.

No comments:

Post a Comment